PASTA MY FAVORITE RECIPE (serves 4 )
2 liters water
250 g Pasta (any shape of your choice)
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
Chicken 50gm optional
3 medium sized tomatoes pureed
2 tablespoons tomato Ketchup
100ml full cream milk
Hand full each of onion, capsicum, cabbage & carrot (cut lengthwise)
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano herb
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ tsp oregano (Ajwain)
50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp Corn flour
½ tsp Black Pepper powder
50 g butter
2 tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley to garnish
1. Bring water to the boil add ½ tsp salt, add the pasta and boil for 12-16 minutes, then drain excess water in a strainer.
2. Heat butter in a large frying pan add oregano seeds, onion, capsicum, cabbage, carrot & ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Stir fry for 2-3 min. keep it aside
3. Separately stir fry chicken strips in butter and pinch of salt and pepper.
4. In separate pan heat oil add garlic fry for a while.
5.Add tomato puree black pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 2 min
6. Add tomato ketchup, pasta, fried vegetables, chicken (optional), and cheese & toss well.
8. Mix 1 tbsp corn flour in full cream milk add to pasta, bring it to boil with constant stirring.
9. Season it with thyme/ basil/oregano herb or all three herbs
10. Garnish it with chopped parsley