For Orange layer : Tomatoes – 2 Nos. pureed along with 3 garlic cloves, Grated carrot – 3/4 cup, Turmeric – 1/4 tsp, Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp, Refined oil – 2 tbsp, Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp, Salt – 1/4 tsp, Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
For Green layer : Spinach blanched and 3 garlic cloves pureed together – 1 cup, Cream – 1 tbsp, Mint leaves – 1/4 cup, Coriander leaves finely chopped – 2 tbsp, Green chilies – 2 Nos. cut in to halves, Garlic cloves – 1/4 tsp, Garam masala – 1/4 tsp, Salt – 1/4 tsp, Refined oil – 2 tsp
- Wash and soak rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Boil 5 glasses of water in a big pan and add salt.
- When water start boiling add bay leaves, cardamom and rice and ghee.
- Cook with covered lid on low flame for 10 and let it cool down properly.
- Divide it in to 3 equal portions.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds when they start crackling add tomato puree, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala, cook till oil seprates out.
- Add one portion of rice and mix gently.
- In a separate pan add 1 tsp ghee and sauté grated carrot with pinch of salt for 1 min. Keep it aside for garnishing orange layer.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan and add whole cardamom and chopped onion fry lightly till translucent. Add salt and mix with 2nd portion of rice and grated paneer.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and green chilly halves, when starts crackling add the spinach puree and 1 tbsp cream, salt and till oil separates.
- Add garam masala, mint leaves coriander leaves and 3rd portion of rice mix well for a min.
- Cut round circle and cut strips of big Brinjal skin (purple) fry it in oil and make chakra out of it.
- Use the baked bread Sticks (Soup Sticks) as pole for the flag.
- Make the layers as shown in picture Saffron rice garnished with grated carrot followed by white rice topped with brinjal chakra and final layer with spinach rice.